Jan 14th 2020
GOAT Goals review!
- Coordinate existing development
- Invite new development
- Aligning technology and actual users
- Creating a GOAT Roadmap
- Review location, budget, timing
- Omega in June sounds good - roll with it!
- Goals for this year
- Inviting new community members
- Stronger, better goals for diversity, more intention in specific communities.
- Put LOTS of effort into finding diverse applicants (maybe shift7)
- Providing a space for conversation, collaboration, and bringing together work + life
- Inviting remote participants (and thinking about it beforehand) - participate together
- Rethink program around above goals… focus on accessibility + new communities / participants
- Get some new folks on organizing committee - 2 weeks
- What’s the goal? Underrepresented communities
- Represent a voice or set of voices that none of us do
Get people assigned to tasks (on the ground coordinator, outreach/marketing, program, financial, etc.)
Announcing dates + taking applications
get website updated
get announcement letter
who’s on social media (?)
GOAT 2020 milestones
Dates: June 7 to 13 available, conference is June 7 (evening arrival) - 10th
Location: Omega Institute… copy paste from previous…
- June 7 - 10th - GOAT event @ Omega!
- May 1 - Finalize program, last month of work
- April 1 - Send accepted applications emails. (gives people 2 months to buy tickets)
- [Side note: March 16-19, OpenTEAM Paicines Ranch]
- March 7 - Close applications, Start evaluations. (gives people 1 month to evaluate applications)
- Jan 21 (or 28th if needed) - Open applications!
To do’s for next time
- (Kita) update the application from (draft to work on for next week)
- (Greg) Review feedback from last time
- (Mike) Post on discourse options…
- (Mike) Make list for 2018 organizations who attended: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ttUpF5lV_pnQ1GEujx4biB4r239RHP_x831SKqIbaP4/edit#
- (Jamie) Draft + share rough program
- (all review) Potential Attendees List [people to email]
- (Greg) Follow up to confirm Omega one more time