Manufacturing Technician in Open AgTech
Application Deadline: December 6, 2021
About UsWe are a small startup passionate about supporting community-driven science and we are building a fully open source future to provide that support. We also think that only through radical collaboration can we achieve our goals, that’s why we are active in the GOSH and GOAT and OpenTEAM communities. We support the development of research capacity in communities through software, hardware, and training. Look [here](https://www.our-sci.net/mission/) for more about our take on the world.
We are looking for a part-time employee who can help us manufacture handheld devices for agricultural and scientific applications throughout the winter and spring, with potential to move to full-time employment in the summer.
About the positionAs a small company, we’re looking for someone self-directed and willing to do what needs to be done as our work shifts throughout the season.
The key responsibilities for the job are:
- keeping the manufacturing process moving by assembling, calibrating, fixing, and shipping devices
- maintaining and updating our standard operating procedures
- tracking inventory and maintaining clear communication with our partners
- improving our existing device designs based on user feedback and experience.
- identifying opportunities for new products (like the soil respiration sensor or an android-connected soil penetrometer).
The ideal candidate:
- pays strong attention to detail, and has the ability to balance speed and consistency
- is experienced in soldering – basic electronics knowledge is a plus
- is unafraid to learn whatever needs to be learned, with an eye towards efficiency
Pay and LocationThe position is part-time based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It starts immediately and is for a minimum of 6 months with the potential to extend. Pay is commensurate with experience and ranges from $15 /hr for the basic skill set to $22.50 /hr for those with more advanced skills and experiences.
Email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter. Tell us why Our Sci and this position is a great fit for you!