Purpose: To clarify OADA/Trellis, GEMS and Regen Network’s core functionality, specifically:
how they differ (by function, by occupying different markets, etc.)
and how existing OpenTEAM members can utilize their services (the step by step)
possible collaboration (if needed), clarity (for GEMS, OADA + Regen + users) to get improved uptake by OpenTEAM members.
Users (farmOS, Our Sci, GEMS)
Devs (Regen, OATS)
Other interested folks!
Participants: Greg Austic (Our-Sci), Paul Weidner (farmOS), Aaron Ault (OATS), Gregory Landua (Regen), Ron (Regen), Aaron C. (Regen), Mike Stenta (farmOS), Kevin Silverstein (GEMS), Will Gardiner (Our-Sci), Dorn Cox, Jamie Gaehring (farmOS), Ankita
- Data interoperability, traceability, security, appropriate privacy, maintain data connectedness (online offline), supply chain management (digital signatures)
- OADA Demo by Aaron A.
- runs in Docker w/ helpful shell script
- plugins enable you to add microservices that OADA manages for you
- basic test it’s working: https://localhost/.well-known/oada-configuration
- summary: a discoverable framework for standardized API’s
- API is built by the data you put in it
- how to add OADA conformance?
- add OADA as a caching layer
- Primary value of oada
- Creating new API it solves a lot of problems from the get go
- Easier interop with people using your API (on top of existing API)
- Does not - define data standards for data (like crop types or whatever)
- OADA formats - a place for users to organically ‘merge’ their similar/overlapping data types
- Trellis Demo by Aaron A.
- “Different [from OADA] only in how you spell it”
- A brand for bringing produce suppliers onboard
- “oblivious smart contracts” for digital signatures
- authorization done by tokens, with OAuth2 scopes
- OATS conf at end of March w/ Hackathon
- for app development: https://github.com/oada/oada-cache
- Regen Intro by Aaron C.
- Proof of Stake based on Cosmos
- Identity management
- provide a more user-friendly interface for multiple individuals to manage an identity’s keys etc
- decouple the key from the signature
- timestamping when a signature was created
- registry of schemas on blockchain
- for sharing, discovering and evolving those schemas
- on-chain governance (DAO’s) for organizations to manage resources
- data discovery & monetization through tokens
- Regen guarantees that a schema will remain stable and provides governance models for how changes to those schemas will change
- General Discussion
- Prompt from Aaron C.: Pick up the conversation next time on why to use OADA as an API spec vs other industry standards that have more momentum behind them? eg, GraphQL is or is not an API spec?
- Aaron Ault: OADA is a way to move data more easily in a standardized way, when there is an existing REST API, Regen/blockchains would be where that data moves to.