Hi all - SoilStack project is seeking another full stack dev. Apply and pass this along! – https://www.our-sci.net/hiring/.
Full posting ----->
We are seekingA full stack developer for a 6 month position to further development of SoilStack, a progressive web app designed to support smart soil sampling, capturing patterns of spatial variability and guiding users through field collection in a transparent, replicable, and user-friendly way.
This person will be contributing both independently and alongside other developers, GIS experts and soil scientists to design and implement improvements to the platform. The position could be extended depending on funding.
SoilStack has been designed to support organizations looking to establish functional carbon and ecosystem services markets that are interested in quantifying soil carbon stocks with a high degree of certainty. Rather than depending solely on models for their assessments, our partners want the dependability of a system based on direct in-field measurements. However, typical methodologies for field sampling are far too expensive and time-consuming to scale. A stratified sampling support tool like SoilStack is needed to lower costs and meet stratification requirements of different soil carbon and ecosystem service markets. The project is a collaboration between ESMC,OpenTEAM (openteam.community), and CarboFarm.
The following must fit you…
- - Experience building APIs
- - Experience with automated testing
- - Experience with version control, ideally git
- - 3-5+ years of experience working in web development
In a perfect world you would also have…
- - Experience with Linux
- - Experience with Postgres, or other relational database
- - Strong written and spoken English skills
- - Communication skills, ability to work with a partner or in a team a must.
- - Analytical skills, you can spend the right amount of time on the right things (80/20 rule)
- - Experience in design (inkscape, figma, adobe, etc.) and UI/UX prototyping a big plus.
But most importantly, you can…
- - Quickly and efficiently communicate throughout the development process with the team and the partners to get the job done on time and on spec!
Why we are differentWe are a small startup passionate about supporting community-driven science and we are building a fully open source future to provide that support. We also think that only through radical collaboration can we achieve our goals, that’s why we are active in the GOSH and GOAT and OpenTEAM communities. If you feel programming is a means to an end in shifting the world towards transparency and ‘free as in freedom’ thinking, we may be a good fit!
As a supporter of communities, we also recognize the importance diversity plays in understanding and reflecting the needs of those we serve. We also all personally enjoy working with colleagues who have wide ranging life experiences and appreciate the opportunity that affords all of us to learn and grow. As such, we are committed to prioritizing diversity within our organization.
Pay and LocationFull time for 6 months, but the position could be extended depending on funding availability. Rate commensurate with experience and background.
We are located in Ann Arbor MI, but applicants work fully remotely. US and International applicants all welcome!
ContactSend resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please:
- - Include a cover letter describing why this position is a great fit for you.
- - Reference (with links) examples of your work
- - Link any gitlab / github or other active profiles of you that are relevant