(funding) £3k for software sustainability

You must be based in the UK to be eligible, sorry.

The Software Sustainability Institute is receiving applications for their Fellowship Programme. Fellows receive £3,000 to spend over fifteen months. The funding is flexible to support activities that are beneficial to both the Fellows’ and the Institute’s aims, for instance:

• To fund travel to key computational conferences in their area of work
  • To setup and run workshops
  • To organise software sustainability sessions at domain conferences
  • To host, organise or teach training events, such as Software Carpentry, Data Carpentry or Library Carpentry.
  • Other activities around computational practice or policy

Applications are now open until 3rd February 2019.

Disclaimer: I work for the Software Sustainability Institute and @mstenta suggested that I created a topic here. I’m happy to answer questions public or private.

Thanks for posting here, @rgaiacs! And welcome to the GOAT community! :slight_smile:

This could be a great opportunity for someone interested in helping with the farmOS project. Perhaps it could go towards hosting some workshops, improving documentation, or other community building and outreach efforts in the UK. I would be happy to help mentor anyone who wants to apply.

I’ll spread the word within the farmOS community to see if anyone based in the UK would be interested.