He all - please take a look and repost or pass along if you think you know of someone who may be a good fit. International applicants welcome!
Our Sci supports the development of research capacity in communities through software, hardware, and training. Using SurveyStack.io, our communities can flexibly collect, share, and visualize data in a way not possible through other services. SurveyStack allows users to code directly in JS within their surveys to create visualizations and manipulate data to provide real-time feedback to support their research goals.
While this is a junior position, we are looking for someone who is passionate about what we’re passionate about and is looking for a long-term position with us.
Why we are different
We are a small startup passionate about supporting community-driven science and we are building a fully open source future to provide that support. We also think that only through radical collaboration can we achieve our goals, that’s why we are active in the GOSH and GOAT and OpenTEAM communities. If you feel programming is a means to an end in shifting the world towards transparency and ‘free as in freedom’ thinking, we may be a good fit!
As a supporter of communities, we also recognize the importance diversity plays in understanding and reflecting the needs of those we serve. We also all personally enjoy working with colleagues who have wide ranging life experiences and appreciate the opportunity that affords all of us to learn and grow. As such, we are committed to prioritizing diversity within our organization.
You definitely have…
- Experience with Linux
- 1-2+ years of experience working in web development
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Communication skills, ability to work with a partner or in a team a must.
- Analytical skills, you can spend the right amount of time on the right things (80/20 rule)
Additional skills welcome!
You’ll mostly be…
- Collaborating with other team members to build and maintain front-end web applications
- Writing and debugging code
- Troubleshooting software issues
- Communicating with team via voice and video calls, email and project management software
But most importantly, you can…
- Quickly and efficiently communicate throughout the development process with the team and the partners to get the job done on time and on spec!
Pay and Location
Starting at ¾ time initially, ideally becoming full time within 3 - 6 months. Rate commensurate with experience and background.
We are located in Ann Arbor MI, but applicants work remotely with occasional visits if needed. US and International applicants all welcome!
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please:
- Include a cover letter describing why this position is a great fit for you.
- Reference (with links) examples of your work
- Link any gitlab / github or other active profiles of you that are relevant
Once we have selected applicants, we may do some additional paired programming sessions or more in-depth interviews as next steps.