AI in Ag Friday Call: June 5 Agenda and Notes

AI in Ag call today at 2pm EST, hop on here:

meeting link: Jitsi Meet

Here’s what to expect:

  1. Check in - how’s everyone doing?
  2. Call for Topics. AI related things in ag. You can:
    1. Ask for help on something
    2. Show and Tell
    3. Walk through a process together (pair)
    4. Get Feedback on your project / idea.

I tend to come with some out of the box topics if others don’t have them. Here’s a few:

  1. I’m going to be talking at the AI session at AgGateway’s mid-year meeting. What should I talk about? What ideas/perspectives should I bring from the GOAT community? What should we be communicating to others about AI and open source and open culture, and other GOAT values?
  2. I really want to do a hackathon to build a speech to FMIS app. Specifically, I want to take the common farm convention and build a simple text-to-speech app that high confidence converts voice notes to Convention-compliant data that can be sent to FarmOS or any other CFC compliant location (like LiteFarms soon maybe!). This really should not be that hard!
  3. I’ve got lots of ai driven coding work I’ve done I can share:
    1. FarmOS development
    2. Idea Refiner - a support tool for development and technical review of software issues (for github or gitlab for example).
    3. A simple app for tracking progress in the AI class we’re doing with OFN power users.
    4. Development work for Our Sci’s new website (just typical use case, but it could be interesting to share).
    5. …

Hope to see you there!

sorry, was late but on now!

meeting link: Jitsi Meet

Matt B shared his project

  • Sharing ‘spec only’ as a concept for open source… if you share amazing specs, anyone can then build the software based on that. What an interesting idea - @GOATforMikeD confirmed others are doing this

Then Michael, Matt and I had a long conversation about lots of things. Michael shared some work he’s doing with Savory and AI as well, and we discussed the critical importance of specifications (like Matt’s work) because of the commoditization of the actual interface.

Great call - thanks all for attending!