First 20 devices shipped, some early lessons

First 20 units shipped! We’ve already got some feedback, wanted to pass along:

​1. To turn device on, press + hold button for several seconds - sometimes 5 - 10 seconds is required so be patient. When the button is pressed you’ll feel a click so you’ll know.
2. DO NOT press button with your nail - it will break! Our mistake, we are fixing this on the next set of units, but just be careful to not push button with your nail.​
​3. The device turns off after 7 minutes automatically. You can’t turn it off manually - if you press the button when it’s on, it’ll just restart.

I’ll send this directly to folks who’ve already been shipped devices.

Also, we had a hardware issue with the on button - the installed part was not the one we spec’ed, so we’ll be replacing it with a better version in future devices but current devices may have the old, easy to break button. So if you have this button, please be careful with it! Future devices will have the updated button.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to feedback!

– Bionutrient Meter Assembly Team

1 Like

Hi Greg! so what is being done about the units with a dysfunctional power button? Will replacements be sent if the button breaks?

1 Like

Definitely - that’s not a problem. So long as you don’t stick your fingernail in there, it shouldn’t, but if it does I’m happy to replace it. If you’re really worried about it breaking, maybe best to just send it back now… if I have to take it apart, it’ll need to be recalibrated so may as well do pre-preemptively!

I’m going to post here the list of changes once we’ve assembled all the feedback just so everyone can see what’ll get fixed.

THANK YOU!

At SoilHack last summer there was someone presenting about a multi year test they had performed dividing a garden into.4 and growing veg biodynamically using 4 different methods and having the grown veg tested for nutrients (and IIRC soil health tested) by a lab to compare growing methods.

Interestingly they didnt find much difference between methods, but did see a decline in veg nutrients over the years. (Previously the land had grown plants for dying)

Unfortunately I didnt catch most of the presentation so I cant fill in many details.

They were however excited about a new cheap nutrient meter being developed in America and the potential for driving consumers to buy produce grown using methods that promote soil health (healthy soil gives plants with good nutrients). Their thoughts were that whether they buy for personal health benefits or soil benefits the meter should be a driver for better growing.practices.

Nice to find you here.

2 Likes