What we are doing…
- Identifying common use cases for collecting data on farms and supporting farm operations with IoT solutions.
- Developing hardware/software kits using open source technology to meet these needs.
- Sharing our work openly.
How we are working and how to get involved…
This forum is our primary gathering area for sharing ideas, asking for feedback, providing progress updates, etc.
- We plan to use Github for a code repo and project management/issue tracking tool
- We also keep in touch in real time in the FIoT Riot room.
- And we meet weekly on Mondays @ 1pm Eastern Time. Join the call in our Riot room!
Hi, I’m new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I posted on another thread, but thought this is probably a better place.
I’m a freelance software/hardware developer in Potchefstroom, South Africa. I’ve been tinkering with some farm IoT ideas for a while and looking for like minded individuals. Happy to have found this forum!
Projects I have put together are a Raspberry Pi IoT gateway running Node-Red to connect with (potentially) various sensors on low cost hardware via MQTT on a WiFi network. So far I have used the ESP8266 running https://mongoose-os.com/. A very cool open source embedded OS.
I would like to contribute code/ideas etc and get involved in the FIoT working group!