Certifcation for Gov’t, Insurance & Supply Chain, Part 1
What are our personas?
What do they need from OpenTEAM?
Gov’t, Supply Chain and Insurance have completely different concerns for certification
you can certify that:
- you’re using land appropriately (ie, that your land can produce what you’re hoping it will)
- you’re following a certain set of practices
Is there even demand for certain product certifications? (maybe not as much as we assume)
There is a demand for certs of GHG reductions, sustainability
What’s the difference between verification and certification?
Supply chain demands
- GHG emissions
- Sustainable ag
- Water stewardship
- Social indicators (labor, food safety)
- Supply chain representatives want credentials for GHG reductions
- Come to Cool Farm Alliance to provide those credentials
- CFA goes to orgs for supplemental data
- other sources
- Ask farmers to enter their data
- … this outline kinda fell apart as we went along, see photo below instead