NSF POSE Grant (was:Are we an "ecosystem"?)

thanks @laurieWayne. Today’s session was really helpful. Ed has organized an Asana project for any & all proposers with a schedule, structure, and details for responding to the NSF POSE grant. Lots of insights.

• Anyone interested in access to the proposal-planning-platform, please let me know and i’ll send you and invite (i’ll need your email - mine is dwitzel@policycommons.org).
  • Also, let me know if you are interesting in presenting your project as a component of other’s proposals or to propose yourself.

Here’s the recording. note passcode.

Passcode: %9=dsBtG

Sorry @dwitzel the forum overlords though you were but a ‘new user’, but bumped you up to ‘regular user’. Hope that helps –

Feel the ‘regular user’ power coursing through your veins!!!

2 Likes

mwaaaahaaahhaaaahaaaaa! that worked.

1 Like

Thanks again @sudokita for leading us through the mapping exercise today!

I have one quick reflection following the conversation today. It’s clear there are a lot of interesting initiatives within this open-ag world - from OpenTEAM to Ag Stack, to the projects and tools like Farm OS and Survey Stack.

I think it can be a little difficult to really pinpoint what GOAT is in relation to all of these other parts in the ecosystem (the schema Sam_UK seems to be grappling with this). In the GOAT coop sessions the emphasis seems to be around the potential of GOAT and what we want GOAT to become.

But let’s go back to the initial question you posed: “are we and ecosystem?” I would love start off the next round of discussion with another simple, open question:

What is GOAT to you?

Shifting emphasis from what GOAT could be, to understanding what the collective we already see GOAT as. This might also help us distinguish it from some of the many other excellent initiatives out there.

1 Like

Ed Ober of Grant Management Associates is helping teams interested in responding or participating in a response to organize high quality proposals - a collaborative consortium.

This 2nd session will continue to populate the Asana database with information about proposers, partners and individuals and identify topics for additional preparation.

Friday May 19 at 1pm ET on this zoom.

Here’s the recording of the 1st session.

There is still room for more regenerative proposal teams to join this collective effort as proposers and/or ecosystem members - please invite them.

2 Likes

here’s the recording of today’s session (with chat)

Passcode: 95Kp!ACZ

There is a planning/coordination call for the NSF POSE ecosystem-building grant ecosystem tomorrow, Friday, June 2 at 2pm ET / 11am PT on this zoom. Please join & share to interested folks.

Here’s the recording from last week’s session with passcode:

Passcode: &xy3j4^!

This is forwarded from the awesome @dwitzel - if you are at all interested in the POSE adventure, have a look :eyes:

Jason Holmberg from Wild Me a 2022 POSE grant recipient, will join us on Friday June 9 2pm ET / 11am PT on this zoom. He’ll discuss his proposal process & project - “Wildbook: Building an Open Source Community for AI-Enabled Wildlife Science and Computer Science Education”.

This should be of interest to groups interested in responding to the POSE grant and perhaps to people interested in the cool “Wildbook” technology. (here’s a 2’ video taste)

Haha - I just came across them yesterday while doing some SBIR research. I was looking at joining a hackerspace here in Portland a few years ago and I believe Wild Me was just getting started. I remember seeing a poster on the wall about an open source wildlife project. I’ll have to dig through my archives to see if it I’m sure it was them!

Update: yes, it was in 2019 and the poster was about zebra identification.

1 Like