Reflectometer Device Calibration

I am trying to calibrate my reflectometer and continue to get an Error Reading during the Run QC check. I have checked the Cuvette and made sure it is in place, clean and magnets are aligned, but nothing helps

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting! Sometimes the error for the QC check is actually telling you that the initial cuvette blank calibration is too far off from the manufacturer calibration that we run before shipping devices out. I would recommend redoing the calibration from the start of the cuvette blank calibration (then resend to device, followed by QC check). Alternatively, you could exit and restart the calibration completely, although the open blank should be acceptable.

Please let us know if this helps, or if you need further assistance.

Best,
Nat

Hi Nat
I had redone the calibration before I posted the question with no luck. I just tried again and had the same error reading. Not sure what to do next, I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks
Linda Q

Hi Linda,

I’m sorry that you’re still having trouble. Are you available to attend my community support hours on Tuesday from 11-12 pm Eastern Time? That’s a convenient platform for walking through these processes together. The details for that call are on the BFA Getting Started Page, here. You can also view a walkthrough video on that page, as well as navigate to some step-by-step tutorials (including a calibration tutorial, here).

Let us know how it goes, and we’ll be sure to get you over this hurdle!

Thank you,
Nat

Hi Nat
I have tried all…gone thru the video multiple times and made sure everything is clean, restarted, etc. Now I am even getting an error on my warm up. I will call in on Tuesday from 11-12
Thanks
Linda

1 Like

Great! At this point it definitely sounds like a call could be useful. I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.

Best,
Nat

Hey @nat : Tho i’ve been unable to make the call as intended, over last 2 weeks, i am determined not to miss the chance today!

SO, i just want to be sure i understand the timing: the page you linked above specifies “11am-12pm EST,” but… Since we’re still on daylight savings time, shall i interpret this to mean call starts at 11am EDT today?

(NB: is easier to just say ET: that works all year round :wink: )

Hi Walt,

My apologies for missing this message! I’m glad you still made it to the call (you’re right, ET is much clearer :joy:).

Best,
Nat