Self Introduction

Hi All,
My name is Deogratius Nteza. I am Ugandan. I have over 5 years experience working with databases. I have worked with the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation in Uganda supporting the National Forestry Authority in developing and implementing a Forest Inventory. Of recent I have been contract by the US Forest Services on a project supporting NFA to monitor and maintain their forest plantations and those of private tree farmers on the central forest reserves (CFR). While starting on the USFS project I came across FarmOS, was intrigued am in touch with Mike to figure out how FarmOS can be adopted for forestry.

I bring with me considerable skill in database design, development and management largely with MS SQL Server and coding in C#, Java and ASP.NET.

I look forward to the GOATech particularly because I have previously worked with aBi trust (www.abi.co.ug) developing a Monitoring and Evaluation system, aBi is an organisation that funds activities that enhance effective post harvesting activities of Ugandan farmers.

1 Like